Skip to main content

Saint Louis University Header Logo Center

Menu Search & Directory

Visiting/Non-Degree Seeking Students

Saint Louis University welcomes eligible undergraduate visiting students from any college or university to enroll in college credit courses at SLU, as well as all non-degree seeking undergraduate students wanting to take a course at SLU but who are not currently enrolled at another institution. If you are wanting to take a graduate course as a non-degree seeking student, please apply through the Office of Graduate Education using the "Unclassified Applicants" tab. 

Application Instructions

When you're ready to apply to be a visiting/non-degree seeking student at Saint Louis University, follow these instructions:

  1. Click the "Apply Now" button below. 
  2. In the link, select "Adult/Online" under the drop-down "What type of prospective student are you?" (even if you are taking in-classroom courses). Fill out your first and last name, and create a password for your application portal. 
  3. On the portal home page, click on the button on the left side of the page that says "Start your application." 
  4. On the first page of your application under the "Campus" selection, click "I am applying to take classes solely online" (even if you are taking classes in-classroom). This will give you the option to select the "Visiting Student" button. Once you submit your application, contact Jacob Wierson (, 314-977-3534) to proceed with course registration. 
  5. Once you have submitted your application, please send your official transcript from your current institution to Brouster Hall, ATTN: Jacob Wierson, 3840 Lindell Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63108 or via email to
  6. Once your application is complete and transcripts are received, Jacob Wierson will reach out to you with confirmation details regarding your course registration. 

Apply Now



How do I look up my classes?

You can view all courses on Banner Self-Service.

Select the term that you want to view in the dropdown menu, and the subject area of courses you are looking for.

Where do I send my transcript?

As part of the Visiting Student application, an official transcript must be sent to Saint Louis University directly from your current college or university. Please send an official transcript to:

Brouster Hall
ATTN: Jacob Wierson
3840 Lindell Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63108

or via email to

How do I contact my instructor and retrieve a syllabus?

When looking up your classes in Banner Self-Service, the instructor teaching the course will be listed. To email the instructor for a course syllabus, click on the circular envelope icon located on the right-hand side of the instructor's name.

How much is tuition per credit hour?

Tuition rates depend on the college or school that you are taking classes in. You can view 2019-20 rates at the Office of Student Financial Services website.

How do I receive and pay my bill?

You can access and pay your bill online using the Payment Suite in MySLU. The Payment Suite is located under the "Tools" tab in the icon with the green dollar bill in the center.

For payment deadlines and additional information on how to pay your bill at Saint Louis University, please click here.

How do I access my student information?

You can access your student information on your MySLU under the "Student" tab.

Where are my class(es) located?

Classroom locations will be updated on your class schedule which can be found on MySLU under the "Student" tab.

You can also locate your classes on Banner Self-Service by clicking "Student," then "Registration," then "Student Schedule."

For a map of Saint Louis University, click here (North is the main campus, South is the medical campus and Law is the SLU Law campus located in downtown St. Louis). 

How do I get textbooks?

You can visit the SLU Barnes and Noble bookstore online or on-campus in the Busch Student Center.

To locate your textbooks online, click on the "Textbooks" tab on the SLU bookstore website,  select the term, department, course and section of your class and click on the "Find Materials" button at the bottom. 

Where should I park and what is the cost?

Parking information can be found by visiting Parking and Card Services.

Can I live on-campus?

There are limited on-campus housing options. For information, please contact Housing and Residence Life at

What if I want to take graduate courses?

If you are an unclassified student wanting to take graduate courses at SLU, please visit Graduate Student Admission at Saint Louis University.